Monday, November 15, 2010

Honda Element + Polly

I love my mom.  She is the most energetic mother and grandmother I know.  Here are some of my favorite things about my mom:

1.  Dyed our milk with food coloring for special occasions.
2.  Made shapes out of our pancakes... sometimes spelling our names.
3.  Read books to us at night and inevitably always mispronounced the names of the characters so that when I grew up and read the books myself, I was miserably confused... thinking I was reading a completely different story.
4.  Tap dances in an old lady dance troupe.
5.  Has never made toast without burning it to a crisp.

And my latest favorite mom moment:  

My family was playing car roulette, trying to fit 8 people and four car seats into two automobiles.  I could not deny my sweet niece when she came dragging her booster seat to the Element and wanted to sit with us.  With she and Colton and their car seats strapped into the back of the Element, there was only room for my dad and me in the front seat.  Polly (my mom) was left out in the cold.

That did not deter Polly; that 62 year old woman climbed into the back of the Element and laid down on the floor of the back seat and stayed that was for the entire trip... Must be that good German stock...

Strike Two for the Element

No comments:

Post a Comment