Friday, January 21, 2011

Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice

Everyone loves freshly squeezed OJ.  But the orange juice I am referring to is not from Florida.  This "juice" is of the dairy variety, and the "oranges" I'm talking about look nice in a sweater.  No, this OJ is the life blood of babies.  I have recently experienced what working moms have to endure to ensure that their child is drinking freshly squeezed "orange juice" instead of the "juice" from "concentrate". (we all on the same page... ok)

I have been subbing at my old school on Fridays.  It's a great setup.  I get out of the house and make a little money while seeing my old coworkers and my husband or mom gets the chance to hang out with Baby Colton.  The only down side is the fact that I am still using a "juicer".

Now, it's all about timing.  As you know, teachers are given a specific conference period and lunch, so your "juicing" times have to be compatible.  Secondly, you have to find a special locations where you can have some privacy and then you have to be stealthy about skulking off to said location to do your business. 

Meanwhile, as you are "juicing", you are petrified that at any moment another teacher is going to use their teacher key and walk in on you while your "oranges" are displayed in great splendor.  You quickly to the deed, and then have to find a way to refrigerate your "orange juice" and clean your "juicer" before the next class starts.

Working moms... here's to you!!  You are my hero!! 

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes you have to juice in the bathroom at the base off the mountain you are skiing. Not that I'm doing that right now or anything. Oh the things we do....

    ReplyDelete
  2. An today I found Mothers room...coolest thing ever. Complete with comfy leather chair and an electric outlet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to buy the oranges with the juice already in em too, but you know, after the Great Chosby of 1964, they don't come by easy IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

    ReplyDelete