Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Baby Registry

So, I thought I would only have to go through the nightmare of registering once in my life... for our wedding.  But, this baby registry thing is a new headache unto itself.  When I was registering for our wedding two years ago, I was sent into a downward spiral of self-doubt and insecurity that rivaled the life of Lindsey Lohan.

Thoughts of...

  • "I don't know... do I need a creamer?"
  • "Is my marriage going to end if I have a place setting of 8 instead of 10?"
  • "What color egg strainer will make me a more understanding and caring wife?"
  • "Will the Marquis or the Fluted flat wear best solve world hunger?"

But baby registry... "See you later, self-esteem!"  There is nothing out there to make you feel worse about your self confidence as a soon to be mother than the list of 140 "necessities" the stores suggest you  purchase when I don't understand what half of them are for....

Examples:
1.  Bath Support (Is my bathtub in danger of falling into an abyss?)
2.  Sleep Positioner ( Is this like an easel that displays a priceless painting?)
3.  Vaporizer (This sound like some Super Hero with a knack for turning things into gas)
4.  Bunting for cold weather (a.  bunting?   b.  cold weather... Texas?)
5.  Activity gym (Is there just a monthly membership I could sign up for?)
6.  Travel Play yard (  Yards make me think of animals... not babies)...  FYI.. just some fancy name for a play pen... hello..

Good think I had my dear sister to help me.  She took control of the "Registry Gun" (gun was definitely something that sounded interesting to me after that experience) and took care of business.  Now someone just has to show me how to use all this stuff.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment