Monday, June 28, 2010

Keeping them guessing...

People are absolutely shocked that BJ and I are not finding out the gender of Firebaby.  It drives them insane.  In this world of instant information, where facts lay at the touch of an "app" we have forgotten the joy of waiting.  There is a beauty to anticipation that our society has deemed archaic. 

There are very few sole moments left to men:

1.  ask a girl on a date (check)
2.  ask a father's permission to marry his daughter (check, check)
3.  buy ring/propose... etc... (check, check, check)
4.  walk out of the delivery room to a crowd full of friends and family members and announce, with pride and relief washing across his face... "It's a ________"

Each of these precious male driven moments are waning in our society.  I love that this precious moment will lie in the hands of my husband... to give him a moment to beat his chest with the ferocity of an ancient gorilla, claiming and defining his manhood and territory... Super Hot!!


PS:  Everyone has their opinion and bizarre method of determining gender, but according to Moses, the little old man we met at the Sealy Dairy Queen, we are having a boy.  He has a perfect track record of predicting the sex of babies... 12 children and 23 grandchildren.  Little voodoo man even gave us his phone number in case he is wrong. 

1 comment:

  1. Louisa, you are PRECIOUS! (BJ and I went to school together and I looked up to him for many years in youth group... just so you don't think I'm a COMPLETE creeper!) I love your blog and I love the fact that you're waiting to find out what you're having. We did the same thing... and it was amazing! I knew the limelight was going to be on me for 9 months, I wanted him to have his moment too. In fact, Marcus - my hubby - said going out and telling the family that it was a boy was an incredibly moving experience for him. He didn't expect to be so excited/proud!So, to all those nay-sayers... let them talk! Know that you're giving BJ an amazing gift! =)

    ReplyDelete