Monday, August 16, 2010

2 Days Left... sick and cruel joke

I was so excited this morning.  Last night I was feeling some cramping.  Having never been pregnant, I don't really know what to expect from contractions.  Everyone has there own descriptions:  knife to the stomach, menstration cramping, someone ripping your face off... so it's hard for me to really know what to expect.

My childbirth classes did not really help to prepare me in this arena.  They had us practice breathing through the contractions.  However, their "mock" contraction consisted of passing out a  clothes pin to each person and telling us to attach it to our ear.  This was supposed to simulate a contraction?  Really... a clothes pin stuck on your earlobe...

Maybe this could equal a contraction
Well, you can imagine the sight... 12 women and 12 men with clothes pins hanging off their ears and panting various rhythms of "huuhuu hee".  This is what child birth is like?  Because the movies act as if a watermelon is being ripped out of a button hole...

Back on topic... This morning for my doctor's appointment I was so excited to think I might have been having some contractions last night.  He did his little "doctor check the special area" thing and replied that there was no change.  The lid was completely intact.  There was no "hole in the ozone".  Nada...  this baby ain't planning on coming out.

So, I am off to the gym to stair step this baby out!! 

3 comments:

  1. With Emily I learned with real contractions the "huhuhee" is quickly forgotten...that's one thing no one bothered to tell me until the nurse said "honey you're going to hyperventilate" to which I wanted to scream "would you like to do this for me?" Of course little did I know till much later, Todd was laughing at me with every contraction... obviously I was quite comical in my breathing pain. So dear cousin BJ, even if she is hilarious, do not, I repeat do not ever tell her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! i made the same comments about the clothespin thing. LOVE the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that the person who came up with the "huhuhee" was a man who had never been in the same room with a woman who was really in labor. Gordon tried to encourage me to breathe and (after my head spun around) I invited him in no uncertain terms to stop talking. And then . . . epidural!!!! And much laughter.

    You'll do great! I'm praying for you guys!

    (It's Milaka, just FYI!)

    ReplyDelete