Sunday, August 15, 2010

Things Not To Say/ Do at 39/40 Weeks

I have learned some things not to say or things not to do when I am so close to my due date...

1.  "Uh Oh!!":  Even when I am in the kitchen and happen to drop a spoon on the floor, I am not allowed to cry out.  If I do, my sweet husband comes running in (in various stages of dress) because he thinks I am in labor.

2.  "Oooooh...!!":  When I am slipping into a soothing bath, I must hold in the sign of relief, no matter how great the comfort, otherwise... sweet husband will run in with a huge smile on his face, "you in labor?"

3. Simple phone calls:  I now cannot simply call my husband anymore.  He answers the phone.. "are you in labor?"  I now have to text him first and let him know that my next call has nothing to do with baby.

4.  Never mention anything thing about "water or wet":  I could spill water on myself or on the floor while doing dishes.  I could splash myself with the water hose.  I could be ringing out my swimming suit.  It doesn't matter.  I cannot utter the words "water or wet". 

5.  "BJ..":  I pretty much cannot call his name out from another room.  I could simply be asking him to help me pick something up off the ground(see the post about the blackhole), or I could be asking him what time we have to be at church tomorrow.  It doesn't matter.  If I call out his name, he comes running into the room, expecting... baby.

So, a new set of rules for the last week of pregnancy.  It's kind of like staring at a deer... don't make any sudden moves...

1 comment:

  1. glad to know my hubby isn't the only one doing these things. :) i also can't call OR email any family member without them freaking out!

    ReplyDelete