Tuesday, August 10, 2010

8 days left

Hysterics don't make the baby come early:

First of all, hysterical situations have not worked.  Yesterday I went into the garage to check the laundry because it was making a thumping sound.  I look at the ground around the washer and it is covered with water.  Of course, because of the attack of the hormones, I went nuts.  I immediately pick up the phone and hysterically call BJ.  In the midst of my hysteria, all I can say over and over again is, "There's water everywhere".  Of course, his natural reaction is to think that my water broke... Not a fun game to play on your husband.

So he comes running home and realizes that its just the washer... but in the meantime, he has to contend with the dreaded hormones as I pretty much lose it.  Picture this:  The tasmanian devil spinning around making all those weird grunting, spitting noises:  that's what I look like.  My sweet husband just stands there until I putter out of steam and then comes over and gives me hug (he has learned to control the laughter... that just makes the demons worse).





















What hysterics will do:
Being 9 months pregnant and hysterical will accomplish one thing:  it gets you a brand new washing machine!!  That's right... as I waddled through Lowes with BJ looking for the extra part to fix our washing machine, we ran into the old "floor model" section where there are discounted appliances.  We looked at the discounted washer...then to the broken washer piece in his hand...back at the washer... and then to my stomach..

We walked out with a new washing machine.  I think I use my last pregnancy card on that one...

No comments:

Post a Comment