Monday, August 9, 2010

9 More Days...

I went to the doctor today and was a bit disappointed when he said that there was "no change" to the "baby lid".  Now you can only assumed what the "baby lid" might be, and because this is a public site, I will not be using the technical term. 

I have learned a great deal of technical terms having to do with giving birth and most of them are so disturbing that I have tried to block them out of my internal dictionary.  I have tried to rename them all to be more appropriate: 
1. mucus plug:  "champagne cork"
2. water breaking: "leaky faucet"
3. crowning:  "turtle necking"
4. contractions:  "stab me in the abdomen"
5. epidural:  "salvation juice"

As the baby approaches (slowly and at his/hers own pace) I realized that I do not have any pictures of me pregnant.  I know I make a big deal about not wanting to post all sorts of strange pregnancy pics, but I did get in trouble from a friend who chastised me for not giving baby bump updates... I also realized that I need to document for little firebaby how ginormous he/she made me!!! 

1 comment:

  1. What a cute family! I can't wait to meet Firebaby. :) By the way...cool necklace! Where did you get it? ;)

    ReplyDelete