Saturday, August 14, 2010

My Sweet Husband

There is an old adage:  "when it rains, it pours".. in our house, that is literally the case.  I thought we were over our "watergate" incident (overflowing washing machine), but I was wrong. 

How To Fool The Hormones
I kid you not, my sweet husband as figured out how to outsmart the hormone monsters.  BRILLIANT

I had spent a relaxing day sewing a baby blanket with my mom when I came home.  My husband met me at the door with a Cheshire Cat smile... something was up.  I was informed what our toilet was overflowing.  But being the intelligent man that he is, in one single breathe, he explained not only what was wrong, but how he was going to fix it and how little it would cost and how easy it would be to solve. 

This man is so wise... he knew (or learned from two 1/2 years of daily life with his best friends, my emotions) that if he continued talking without giving me time to react, cry, think, or say a word he could fool my emotions into believing that there was not a problem in the first place.


Very smart... the blitz worked and the hormones remained latent.. dormant to react another day.  He is currently as I write repairing our toilet and fixing our faucet and I have not had an emotional break down.  What a hero!!  (oh, wait... just heard a terrible sounding noise coming from the bathroom...)

No comments:

Post a Comment