Friday, September 24, 2010

Pride: It was nice knowing you....

One thing I am learning is that modesty is completely thrown out the window once you become a mother.  I don't know if is was having a complete stranger send a catheter through my pipeline, the revolving door of nurses and doctors parading through our recovery room every 2 hours, or the lactation nurses who felt the need to squeeze and manipulate my "girls" any chance they got, trying to show me what to do... but somehow my modesty was sacrificed on the alter of motherhood.


You know your pride has gone south for the winter when:
  • you find yourself breast feeding beneath a blanket in a booth at Culver's
  • you catch yourself daydreaming about the practicality of a minivan
  • the stains on your shirt are no longer from wine, but spitup
  • your legs begin to resemble the amazon
  • you find yourself watching TMZ in the middle of the night while feeding your child
  • you occasionally have to brush the crumbs off your child's head when you are trying to eat dinner while breastfeeding
  • you realize the sour milk smell in your nostrils is not coming from the two weeks of garbage that has been accumulating in the kitchen, but from your own shirt
  • You find yourself changing a dirty diaper on a park bench in front of a restaurant
I am honored to be welcomed into the Humility Hall of Fame.... thank you, fellow moms for allowing me access into this exclusive club.

No comments:

Post a Comment