Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Top 10 Bonuses to Having a Baby

My life has become so enriched by having a baby.  I do miss certain aspects of life B.C. (before Colton)... for example:  going to the gym whenever I wanted, spending hours doing my quiet time in a coffee shop, life without stretch marks...

My little Munchkin having fun

However, my life is so much for complete with our little bundle of joy.  Besides the obvious benefits of having a child, there have been a few BONUS rewards as well...

Top 10 Bonuses to Having a Baby
1.  People not only offer to help you carry out your grocery bags, but if you have your baby in a sling or bjorn, the person behind you in line might even offer to help you unload your basket.

2.  Kind of like a dog, it's a great conversation starter.

3.  Great reserved parking at the store.

4.  You never have to struggle with Christmas present ideas ever again.... Thank you Walgreens photo lab...

5.  Easy excuse to leave an awkward conversation mid sentence... "Oh, sorry, I have to feed Colton.."

6.  Excuse to cry any time or any where... no questions asked

7.  Still filling out your sweaters quite nicely..

8.  Rock'n biceps... thank you infant car seat of 1000 lbs...

9.  Anonymity:  when you were pregnant, you were on center stage; with a baby, you are the teacher from "Peanuts"... people kind of hear murmurs from your general directions, but you fade nicely into the back ground.

10.  An excuse to leave family events early..."Sorry, I have to get Colton to bed.... well, yeah, he goes to sleep at 4:00."

My little Firebaby is enough of a blessing, but the additional perks are kind of nice....

No comments:

Post a Comment