Sunday, February 6, 2011

10 Mommies

I adore my small group!!!  Community is one of the most important things to which we are called, and as a mom, it is vital.  I am in an incredible bible study small group.  I don't know what I would do without them.  Not only do they push me closer to Jesus, but they encourage, challenge, and love me well.

We had a girls' retreat weekend at a lakehouse this past weekend.  We laughed until we nearly peed our pants, cried, painted our nails, plucked each others' eyebrows, ate, ate, and ate.

My favorite thing, was that there were 10 mommies to take care of Colton... I barely had to lift a finger.  It was so freeing, that I even forgot I had brought him... oh, and how he LOVED the attention.

In every "gal group" there are your staple figures rounding out the cast, and our group is no exception:
1.  The Sweetheart: the precious friends who listens to your jokes and laughs even if she has heard them a ten times.
2.  The Sideshow:  you can never predict what she will do, but you know it will be hilarious.
3.  The I-Phone Addict:  she has an uncanny ability to hold a conversation of real depth while in the midst of a game, text, phone call or email.
4.  The Beautician: happens to bring her entire collections of cosmetics, nail polish, and grooming accessories.
5.  The Chef:  cooking delicious treats the entire time
6.  The Backscratcher:  she is always playing with someone's hair or scratching their backs.
7.  The Backscratchee:  never far away from the above...
8.  The Gamer:  has the ability to pull the most random games out of thin air at the drop of a hat.
9.  The Question Master:  this friend always has the amazing ability to ask the perfect question to spark deep conversation.
10.  The Tim Gunn:  trust this gal to fill you in on the latest accessory or style trend and help craft your wardrobe into a fashionista paradise.

Trust me... each of your friends falls under on of the above categories... and which one are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment