Friday, February 18, 2011

Seemed Like a Good Idea

There are very few times when I feel the overwhelming desire to beat my chest and shout from the tallest peak, "I AM THE GREATEST MOM IN THE WORLD".  Usually I am hanging my head, thankful that my decisions as a mom are not being documented on some reality show.  However, the last week, I have puffed up my chest in arrogance, while looking down my nose at the minions far below.  My soaring pride, however, was short lived....

A friend gave me a brilliant idea on how to help soothe my son while trying to sleep train him at night.  She told me to litter his bed with pacifiers so that he could always find one to shove into his mouth.  Eureka!!  It totally worked.  I would watch in wonder as Colton would flop around in his bed flailing his arms until they came in contact with the golden ticket... a pacifier.  Then he would draw it into his mouth and fall back asleep (after trying to insert it backwards and sideways for a couple of minutes).
If you count... yep, there are four pacifiers
Sometimes, one in your mouth is just not enough...

I was walking around puffed up for a while, dusting off my shoulders with an arrogant swagger.  Then, one night, he was really crying.  I could not understand it; he had a pacifier in his mouth... The next morning when I went to feed him, oh yeah, there was one little problem.  Somehow a pacifier had made its way into his pajamas and was stuck down his back.

Goodbye Mother of the Year...

Seemed like a good idea...?

No comments:

Post a Comment