Monday, March 28, 2011

Cool Chic Austin Mom?

So, as much as I would like to be a really cool chic Austin mom... I am not.  I had these really cool dreams about walking along SoCo with my baby in his sling, sipping on my latte and wearing the newest organic fiber sundress.  

 So far, this imagined vision of chic-ness has alluded me...

1.  I think the term SoCo is uber lame, and no one who has lived in Austin before 5 years ago would EVER call it that.  It goes against everything Austin stands for...

2.  Since no one ever handed-me-down a "hip" baby sling, there is no way in the world I would purchase one for myself.  I am content with my 10 year old baby Bjorn that 5 other kids have used.

3.  I can't afford lattes.  I have to brew my own "Hill Country Fare" medium roast.

4.  Target and Old Navy do not sell the "latest organic fiber" clothing.  I am outta luck...

1 comment: