Monday, March 14, 2011

Funny Boy

I love all the new things that Colton is learning.  My new favorite is his deft ability to hold objects.  It really helps with the teething for him to hold the object that satisfies his desire to gnaw. 

Sometimes, he reminds me of an hampster.  I used to own a couple of hampsters.  They are creepy little suckers.... those beady, bulging little eyes....the constant nibbling and gnawing.... the cedar shavings and poop stuck to the fur on their behind.  Nasty.

My son is not nasty... he is precious, but he sure likes to chew and slobber on things.  The latest has been cups or water bottles.  And that is fine by me.  He will gnaw on the side of a plastic up or the top of  a water bottle.  A couple of days ago, we were at Panera.  Colton was keeping himself occupied (studying for his Mensa test) by chewing on a cup.  Next thing we know, he is starting the guttural noises that warns of an impending spit up attack.  And then, as calm as can be, our little buddy looked at us, looked at the cup, and then spit up in it.

Perfect aim, my little man....

1 comment: