Sunday, April 11, 2010

Baby Movement

Something that I am learning is that everyone who has ever given birth wants to encourage and share their own person experiences with pregnancy. This is a very sweet and thoughtful way for older women to encourage younger women. There is one downside, however. For those of us from the Land of Anxiety, we compare each person's experience with our own... and we fret... and fret... and fret.

Starting at 16 weeks, every one kept asking, "Have you felt the baby move yet?" Now, as a new preggie, I had no idea what it would feel like to have a baby "move". Some said is was anywhere from the feelings of fluttering butterflies in your stomach, to popcorn popping, to gas bubbles. Really? That is the best explaination?

First issue: Have your ever swallowed a handful of butterflies? Not really sure what butterflies would be doing in my stomach, much less what they would feel like.
Second issue: One word... popcorn? Really. (I'm not saying any more about this one)
Third issue: Gas bubbles... humm.. well, how am I supposed to know if I am feeling Fire Baby, or I just ate too many Chipotle burritos?
Come on people... give the sister a little better description.

A week ago, I was afraid I was not feeling the baby move and that something was wrong. Two nights ago, I felt Fire Baby tap dancing and was afraid something was wrong. Maybe once the baby is born I won't have any more ridiculous fears (insert laughter here)

1 comment:

  1. Just throw your hands up in the air and ride this roller coaster called pregnancy. There will be ups and downs, and you'll only remember the fun when it's finished. Well, after a few days anyway.

    ReplyDelete