Friday, April 2, 2010

Fire Baby Has a Head!!


Glory, Glory Hallelujah.. our Fire Baby has a head.. and two arms.. and two legs!!  What a relief.  We even found out that the little tadpole has an upper lip.  Who would have thought they would check for an upper lip, but they do?  I guess that is super important for activities like eating, whistling, growing a sketchy mustache, applying a lipstick shade you thought was red in the store but is really balancing on the fine line to orange.



I learned a few other things after going to the ultrasound appointment:


1.  BJ and I seem to be an anomaly of nature.  Our desire to be surprised by the sex of our baby seems to boggle the minds of this techno-savy; instant gratification world.  Bring on the dark ages of ignorance!!

2.  My baby looks like an alien right now... I'm cool with that... as long as it has 2 arms, 2 legs, and a head (be it an alien head), I am happy.  I love the color green anyway!!  Also, less money to spend on future Halloween costumes.

3.  I think we have a rebelliously spirited offspring.  Even in utero, Fire Baby was throwing a right and left jab, not to mention that BJ thought it was flipping us off.  (fast forward to teenage year... Lord help us).



All in all, I praise the Lord for a healthy checkup and for having a husband who can handle the reigns as I fly off into the sky of anxiety like a Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Balloon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment