Monday, April 12, 2010

The Myth Called Tylenol

So one thing that really has my mind boggled is the dos and don'ts of medication.  It is like a list of super villians who are waiting to attack Metropolis or Gotham City or whatever cool super hero town is out there.  And I am Prescript-o-tron who is the gate keeper of the city. 

On our first visit, I was handed a list of "Safe" medication.  That's cool... the list was four lines long.  Then, I was handed the "Unsafe" medication list.. did I say list?  I meant to say novel.  This "unsafe" novel of medication included everything that makes me really happy, for example, Advil PM (love it), and Aleve (can't live without it).

So the only friend I am really left with is the ugly stepchild, Tylenol.  Tylenol must be the joke of all the other pain medications.  All the medication is having a party, and Tylenol walks in and eveyone groans.  "Why did you have to invite him?" they all mutter.  And poor Tylenol PM has to defend himself by saying, "He's a distant cousin on my mom side.  I had to invite him."

Tylenol is like putting a bandaid on a broken femur.  It's like sucking on a tick tak for Thanksgiving dinner... "No, guys, I am full... really."  So, here's to you, Tylenol, the mild mannered cousin of "real" pain medication.  I am glad you have a special place in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment