Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It's been a while...

It has been a while since posting last on the blog.  This summer has been relatively busy.  We are in the final stretches of the race... only three more weeks!!!  (I say that with a hint of sarcasm because I have a feeling this little "shim" ..she + him... is gonna make a late appearance. 

Among other things, the most visible change is not the size of my belly, to the dismay of everyone who has been asking how far over my due date I am... thanks people.  The most visible change is my mood.  You may be asking, "how one's mood be visible?"  Oh, my dear friends, you have not "seen" my emotions then.  They exhibit themselves in a rainbow of colors...
1. green:  calm and peaceful (probably just had a quiet time with Jesus)
2. blue: tears and a down turned mouth (just tried on a pair of pants that don't fit or caught an unfortunate view of my posterior)
3. purple: great day... life is good... hung out with friends or my husband just called me "sexy"
4. red:  STAY AWAY... usually contingent on an unfortunate encounter with horrible customer service or road rage..  (also associated with colorful usage of word choice)
5. orange:  slightly lighter reaction than red (occurs when I drop something or make a dumb mistake)

Lately I have been staying in the red-blue stage of the color wheel of emotions.  My poor husband has been disappearing to Culver's to work on his grad school assignments... at least that is what he is saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment