Thursday, February 10, 2011

Holiday Cards

Holiday cards are the biggest rip-off in my opinion....  They are super expensive... i picked up a card today and it was encased in this plastic sleeve, as if it were hermetically sealed and would disintegrate were air to touch it.  That piece of folded paper was $4.50.  Are you kidding me... four dollars and fifty cents?  When I only have a budget of $15 for a gift, I am not going to spend 1/3 of it on a card. 

When you have a child, all of a sudden, cards become an important way for your child to communicate with their grandparents, so you have to shell out the $5 for the card.  Brilliant new thing.... $.99 cards.  I just discovered them at Target.  Some people may say that it is tacky to give a card that only cost $.99, but I surmise that it is actually communicating something much better.  I says to the recipient, I hate spending money on something that immediately gets thrown into the garbage, but I care about you so much, that I am willing to shell out a buck anyway.

I think it is a delightful compromise.... 

Also... favorite Target find EVER....  Target has the perfect holiday card for EVERYONE!!  Check out the pic...
As if the black grandma on the cover did not give it away, you have the Ebony label just in case...

No comments:

Post a Comment