Sunday, February 13, 2011

pacifier patrol

The other day I looked over and saw my 5 month old nearly putting the entire pacifier into his mouth... note to self:  it is time to exchange the 1-2 month pacifiers for big boy ones!!

No big deal, right?  They cost about 5 bucks for 2 pacifiers at Buy Buy Baby.  I bundle my son up against the Arctic Blast of 2011 and stroll into my local baby store.  While perusing the abundant choices, an over zealous employee intervened and said, "Oh, you don't want to buy those pacifiers.  The nipples are contoured to cause damage to the development of and infant's teeth".

She continued to adamantly disparage the pacifiers that there was no way in a thousand Sundays that I was going to purchase them after her tirade.  What was I to do.... Say, "Well, I will take 3 anyway, and what do you have in asbestos lined diapers?  Any baby food with paint chips while you are at it?"

Needless to say, that particular sales person must of missed class the day they taught "making a sale".  I promptly went home and talked to my friend and mother in law who are in the dental profession.  They readily agreed that pacifiers do no such damage.  And in my opinion... who cares... they lose their baby teeth anyway, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment